In his new book, the author of the bestselling Retrain Your Brain: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in 7 Daysdelivers 10 easy, yet essential strategies for applying CBT to everyday issues with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Made Simple.
Cognitive behavioral therapy is a proven form of psychotherapy that is often the first-line of treatment recommended for managing depression, anxiety, worry, and other common issues. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Made Simpledelivers a simplified approach to learning the most essential parts of cognitive behavioral therapy and applying them to your life.
Written by licensed psychologist and bestselling author Seth Gillihan, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Made Simplereplaces workbook pages and technical language with quick and highly accessible cognitive behavioral therapy strategies that can be used on an as-needed basis.
Presented with simple and straightforward language, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Made Simple encourages readers to succeed with:
- Practical explanations of 10 essential CBT principles―such as challenging negative thought patterns, behavioral activation, and overcoming procrastination―organized in a similar structure to in-person cognitive behavioral therapy
- Supportive guidance for creating goals and outlining strategies to help yourself meet them
- Helpful self-evaluation sections to help you track your progress and reflect on what you’ve learned using cognitive behavioral therapy
For people who are interested in realizing the proven benefits of CBT, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Made Simple is a vital resource that will promote personal growth as you overcome challenges and improve your wellbeing.
A national bestseller, Authentic Happiness launched the revolutionary new science of Positive Psychology—and sparked a coast-to-coast debate on the nature of real happiness.
According to esteemed psychologist and bestselling author Martin Seligman, happiness is not the result of good genes or luck. Real, lasting happiness comes from focusing on one’s personal strengths rather than weaknesses—and working with them to improve all aspects of one’s life. Using practical exercises, brief tests, and a dynamic website program, Seligman shows readers how to identify their highest virtues and use them in ways they haven’t yet considered. Accessible and proven, Authentic Happiness is the most powerful work of popular psychology in years.
The most basic question everyone faces in life is Why am I here? What is my purpose? Self-help books suggest that people should look within, at their own desires and dreams, but Rick Warren says the starting place must be with God and his eternal purposes for each life. Real meaning and significance comes from understanding and fulfilling God's purposes for putting us on earth.
The Purpose-Driven Life takes the groundbreaking message of the award-winning Purpose-Driven Church and goes deeper, applying it to the lifestyle of individual Christians. This book helps readers understand God's incredible plan for their lives. Warren enables them to see the big picture of what life is all about and begin to live the life God created them to live.
The Purpose-Driven Life is a manifesto for Christian living in the 21st century...a lifestyle based on eternal purposes, not cultural values. Using biblical stories and letting the Bible speak for itself, Warren clearly explains God's five purposes for each of us:
- We were planned for God's pleasure
- so your first purpose is to offer real worship.
- We were formed for God's family
- so your second purpose is to enjoy real fellowship.
- We were created to become like Christ,
- so your third purpose is to learn real discipleship.
- We were shaped for serving God
- so your fourth purpose is to practice real ministry.
- We were made for a mission
- so your fifth purpose is to live out real evangelism.
This 10th anniversary edition, with emphasis on the question What on Earth Am I Here For? is the life-message of Rick Warren, founding pastor of Saddleback Church. Written in a captivating devotional style, the book is divided into 42 short chapters (six weeks) that can be read as a daily devotional, studied by small groups, and used by churches participating in the nationwide 40 Days of Purpose campaigns.
52 exercises and practices to help kids calm their mind and body, pay attention, become more self-aware, feel happier and confident, connect with others and have fun. Deck can also be used as card games (based on popular children's games) that encourage kids to practice a mindfulness skill each time they win a hand. Great for therapists, teachers and parents. Ages 4+.
- Blow it out: Blow a huge bubble. Blow on a pinwheel and make it spin. Blow on a tissue and make it dance. Blow on a candle so gently it stays lit.
- When you were kind: Name 3 times you were kind. What did you do that was kind? How did you feel when you were kind? How can you be kind today?
- I Love Myself: Look in the mirror. Look at your face. Smile. Say this out loud 3 times: I love you _____
Boundaries is the book that's helped over 2 million people learn when to say yes and know how to say no in order to take control of their lives.
Does your life feel like it's out of control? Perhaps you feel like you have to say yes to everyone's requests. Maybe you find yourself readily taking responsibility for others' feelings and problems. Or perhaps you focus so much on being loving and unselfish that you've forgotten your own limits and limitations. Or maybe it's all of the above.
In the New York Times bestseller, Boundaries, Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend help you learn when to say yes and know how to say no in order to take control of your life and set healthy, biblical boundaries with your spouse, children, friends, parents, co-workers, and even yourself.
Now updated and expanded for the digital age, this book continues to help millions of people around the world answer these tough questions:
- Can I set limits and still be a loving person?
- What are legitimate boundaries?
- How do I effectively manage my digital life so that it doesn't control me?
- What if someone is upset or hurt by my boundaries?
- How do I answer someone who wants my time, love, energy, or money?
- Why do I feel guilty or afraid when I consider setting boundaries?
- How do boundaries relate to mutual submission within marriage?
- Aren’t boundaries selfish?
You don’t have to let your life spiral out of control. Discover how boundaries make life better today!
Plus, check out Boundaries family collection of books dedicated to key areas of life - dating, marriage, raising kids, parenting teens, and leadership. Workbooks and Spanish editions are also available.